Tell us about your experience at YXL Glorieta

If you’ve been to YXL Glo­ri­eta, please tell us about your expe­ri­ence! What would you say to some­one who is con­sid­er­ing com­ing to the conference?

Before going to YXL I didn’t feel like I had any deep friend­ships. Every­thing was on the sur­face. But I was able to meet a lot of really cool peo­ple at YXL. I was finally able to open up and just be me and let peo­ple see who I am.

If I knew some­one who was want­ing to go I would def­i­nitely tell them to go. The teach­ing was exactly what I needed to hear, the peo­ple were great, and I got some time alone with God. Every­thing was really good.”

Patrick Wood

I think the main thing that I always tell peo­ple when I talk about PYA/YXL is that it is TRULY a life chang­ing expe­ri­ence. Every year I go back home with a com­pletely dif­fer­ent out­look on life,God, and my per­sonal faith.

PYA/YXL has played a huge part in shap­ing me into who I am today and has helped me over­come some really big obsta­cles in my faith. I go home and start anx­iously await­ing what God has planned for PYA/YXL the next year, know­ing that it will be a time of growth and learn­ing no mat­ter what!”

Ash­ley Haynes

Add your comments!

Comments (8)

• Kristen Isaac
    Posted October 29, 2008 at 8:26 pm | Permalink

YXL is amaz­ing. There is no other way to describe it. I have made very close friends, had the neat­est dis­cus­sions with peo­ple, grown a lot spir­i­tu­ally, and learned how to be a bet­ter leader all in one short week. It really is a taste of heaven, and I highly rec­om­mend it to any­one and everyone.

• Seth Johnson
    Posted February 23, 2009 at 10:02 pm | Permalink

PYA gave me a deeper under­stand­ing of the love and mag­nif­i­cence of God. It lit the fire in my soul to be a tool of God. The speak­ers and sem­i­nars were amaz­ing. The PYA expe­ri­ence is indescribable

• Ashley Huber
    Posted April 21, 2009 at 7:51 pm | Permalink

YXL is, hands down, the most amaz­ing expe­ri­ence a young per­son like myself can enjoy. There is not one moment of this gath­er­ing that is not cen­tered around God…even free time, my mind was on Him. Camp truly helps one to see the amaz­ing things that God does for one, and really shows that he is there, and he does care. I made some amaz­ing friend­ships, the music was amaz­ing, and the prayers were so emo­tional. YXL really, truly, is the clos­est to Heaven one can get on earth =]

• Elizabeth Hock
    Posted January 27, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

yxl has brought me closer to God in a way I never thought pos­si­ble at my age or with oth­ers, the music, the chal­lenges, prayer, and the speak­ers,.. just every­thing. It really digs below the sur­face not to men­tion some of the best friend­ships ever were made… and for me, the love of a lifetime.

• Eric JM Jensen Jr.
    Posted August 24, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Permalink

I’ve been to YXL Glo­ri­eta twice so far, and both times have been Life Chang­ing. It lit­er­ally felt like home away from home. It seemed to me like it was a fam­ily gath­er­ing. Sher, the week may have been emo­tional and crazy, but it… felt… um… how can I put this… I know it was ether gooood or B-E-A-utiful (from Bruce all mighty). Like Patrick Wood said above, That’s egg-xactly how I felt before going to YXL for the first time. there is a whole lot more I could say,but that what I have.

• Trent Johnson
    Posted February 11, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Permalink

Ive been to yxl 3 times so far and how can i put this but um… I LOVE IT!!!! YXL is my sec­ond home. The time spent with broth­ers and sis­ters in Christ up there is price­less and worth more than any mate­r­ial item. YXL is definetly an emo­tional week but that is what makes it so spe­cial, the fact that you get to share and let out your emo­tions with the most amaz­ing peo­ple. So to sum it all up YXL is amazing!!!

• Kate Mathurin
    Posted April 18, 2011 at 12:48 am | Permalink

well this last year was my first year at yxl…and well it was life chang­ing. I don’t think I’ve every been closer to God. The week of camp is the most amaz­ing expe­ri­ence ever. It is so emo­tional, but hon­estly that is what gets peo­ple closer to them­selves and to the rela­tion­ship that they want with Christ. The peo­ple there are the most under­stand­ing and accept­ing peo­ple ever. The YXL group is my fam­ily. <3 I can’t wait for camp!!!

• Posted June 5, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Permalink

34 days til YXL 2011! just say­ing!
    Yxl was, and will con­tinue to be, the biggest life chang­ing expe­ri­ence in my life. I hon­estly can­not wait to go back another 3 years! Its a place that brings you not only closer to God, but closer to other chris­t­ian friends. Its a place where you learn your strengths and weak­nesses, but above all you learn that you’re not alone… That there are other peo­ple who have felt your pain, who have com­mit­ted the same “sins” (if you will). And it’s the clos­est place to heaven you’ll get in your life time <3